Thursday, April 15, 2010

Friends

Growing up, I had the pleasure of watching my mom have a few close girlfriends. I didn't put much stock into these relationships until I got older.

In high school, I was not overly popular (I wasn't an outcast either, lol). I had a couple great friends, and a lot of acquaintances.

Today, I feel like the most blessed girl in the world! I am fortunate enough to have a lot of great friends, some wonderful acquaintances. Some friends it seems flow through out lives like the tide. There are times of extreme closeness and then other times where we just "check in".

There are a couple great friends that I could not complete my day without talking to. There are others that I chat with via IM or occasional texting.

Some of these great friends have been around a very long time (23years) and others a very short time (not even a year). Yet, I would consider them both great friends. I know that in any time of need, from a crisis to just needing to get my hair done, they are there to lend a hand.

There are a lot of people that do not need or want a lot of friends. While I do admit that friendship, like any relationship, takes work. I challenge you to find a great friend and tell me that the work is not worth the effort. For, like marriage, some of the best friendships in the world may take the most work!

I consider myself blessed and lucky for every friendship I have, be it male or female. Every one of my friends brings out a different side of me, every one of them has taught me something, every one of them make me a better person.

To all of my friends..... I LOVE YOU MAN!

No comments: