Saturday, September 12, 2009

Farkle

I have recently discovered that I have a very addictive personality. Ok, not the you are addicted to me kind, but rather, the I get addicted to things easily kind.......

For the record, my life would be easier if it was the former rather than the latter!

In high school, I was addicted to talking on the phone and shopping for clothes (ok, maybe still struggling on these, lol)!!!!

Right after school I started smoking...ugh...not only a very expensive addiction but one that also lasted 13 years. Thankfully I can say that this addiction is done (4.5yrs ago). There are days that I think about smoking again...more for an excuse to go outside and have some peace and quiet, lol. But, seeing that I have an addictive personality, I fear that 1 drag and I would be hooked!

For a long while Mr. Producer and I had a credit card addiction. I will not disclose how many or what we owed, but thankfully we were introduced to Dave Ramsey! I heart Dave!!!! While we still have 1 more cc to pay off, it has been almost 2 years since we used a credit card and really we couldn't be more secure!!!!

When myspace first entered the screen a few years back, it didn't take long for me to make excuses to check that a couple times a day! When Myspace was no longer "cool" I followed the piedpiper to facebook! OH BOY!!!! I still only check this addiction a couple (hundred:) times a day....lol! AND please note, in the past I have attempted to overcome this....well..... here goes....

Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a facebook addict!!!

Not sure if there is a 12 step program for this and pretty sure I would fail anyway...lol!

In the past I can say that my current addictions have only numbered 1 or 2 at a time.

Sadly, this is not currently the case!!!! UGH!!! Now, I suppose I could turn this into a matter of semantics seeing as how some of current addictions reside only on facebook (farkle, farming) but really, we have suppressed the English teacher this long, let's keep it that way! LOL!

The most current addiction, really it is a good one, is running and exercise. I WANT MORE!!! This addiction is a double edge sword though because it seems like the only time I really have to run is at 6am! Ummmmm.... have I mentioned that I am also addicted to sleep! lol!! Additionally, thanks to my new ipod shuffle, I think I could become addicted to itunes....sorry honey, this is not my fault, blame it on your friend!!! LOL!!! Friend...... THANK YOU!!! Really I got the better end of this past week....

Also, I should take the time here to mention that I have also become addicted to texting! I heart texting!!! Unfortunately, Mr. Producer does not have a phone with a keypad, so his texting abilities are slowed down and I often fire them off quicker than he can respond.... sorry honey! We will work on that!!!!!

Lastly, I think I have become addicted to my friends kids...... I have had the pleasure of being with 2 wonderful, funny, sweet, helpful, loving, gorgeous, kind, gentle, helpful, did I mention GREAT kids?????? Alas, their equally wonderful mother comes home tonight and I am pretty sure she wants them back....... seeing as kidnapping is against the law, I will return them.... only with the promise though that I can have them anytime you need me too........ I heart them.....

Confession time over.......

p.s. I am still addicted to the phone and shopping for clothes (which are getting smaller and cuter)!!!

No comments: