Sunday, September 20, 2009

Responsibility

I just heard a commercial on the radio that makes me want to scream.....

Someone please tell me when we as a world, nation, city, family, individual are going to start taking responsibility for our own actions.

Since when is it perfectly acceptable and expected that I can sue anyone for any dumbass decisions that I make?

And I am sorry but ignorance is not an acceptable excuse.

In this age of immediate information and gratification, few, very very very few people can really lay claim to living under a rock.

Sorry, I forgot that all of you were not in my bedroom folding laundry listening to the rise up show on the radio to hear the same commercial I just did, so let me fill you in. I can not remember the commercial verbatim but the crux of it was if you do not have proper car insurance, it is not your fault. It absolutely must be the fault of your stupid car insurance agent for not giving you all the coverage you need! The commercial ended with saying that if you do not have bodily injury coverage and someone with no insurance hits you, call us, we will personally go after your insurance agent on the grounds of omission and not making sure you have all you need and have your best interest and your familys safety at heart!!

Are you freakin' kidding me? I have been driving for almost 20 years. I have had many different insurance companies, and yes, some I questioned whether they were legit. BUT.... through it all, I have always been given the options of what insureance I wanted to choose. If I didn't understand something, I asked. Yep, even when I was 19, a college student, more interested in partying than insureance. I STILL ASKED!

Seriously, this to me is as stupid as the whole spilled McDonalds coffee incident.....

PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP, STOP BLAMING THE REST OF THE WORLD FOR THEIR STUPIDNESS AND START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS.....

Ok, sorry if this offended anyone....I usually do not share my personal opinion on many issue's like this with all of you..... but I feel better now...maybe I should start a new blogging category...soapbox sunday...whatcha think? LOL!!!

Back to folding laundry now...

No comments: