Tuesday, January 20, 2009

bittersweet

As with most things in my life, I am not very vocal about my politicalness.

Call it growing up under the adage "You never discuss, politics, religion, or sex in mixed company"

But... sometimes I forget my manners.

Let's talk about sex baby....................................

J.U.S.T. K.I.D.D.I.N.G.


Let's talk politics, because, really on this inaugural day, is there really anything else to talk about?

Let's start with George. How is he feeling? Really feeling? Is he sad to see it end? Excited that he is no longer sleeping with the weight of the country/world on his shoulders? Grateful for the chance? Bitter of the circumstances that quickly followed and ended up shaping his otherwise perfectly thought out presidency? Hoping to be re-liked? Disappointed that he is seemingly not? Calm that he did my Father's will? Nervous of how he will be remembered?

I have to think that him leaving is akin to us releasing our children when they are grown. They are always ours. We can always call and give advice, but ultimately, we are no longer in control. We can look back on the memories, both good and bad and know that decision we made, we did the best we could with what we had. We raised, shaped, loved, errored, learned right along with our children. I know how difficult this can be with 1, 2, 3, 4 kids. Imagine having millions of kids. Whether you like President Bush or not, think of the difficult task he was handed. How would you have handled it? It is easy to sit on your couch and think about what you would have done, but with other personalities influencing and stopping you, think about what you could have, would have done. Mostly remember that he is HUMAN too. The presidency is not a job I would ever want, I have a hard enough time running a house for 6. I admire anyone who aspires to this position. I wish you hugs, prayers and luck President Bush. You lead us through times this country never thought they would see. I personally admire the man you are. You have always stood by your convictions, you have never waivered in your beliefs and you have lead this country with your strongest desire to see us through to safety and love! Thank you for all you gave us. While hindsight is 20/20 may you leave today with nothing but well wishes for your follower. May you have great memories of your "child rearing" years and may you enjoy your "empty nest" as well.

Obama, as you were standing in the hall of the capital getting ready to walk out and be sworn in as president, what was going through your mind? Were you nervous? Did you have second thoughts? Because even the most seasoned parent gets slightly nervous over the impending birth of their next child. Were you elated and relieved that the moment was finally here? Were you praying that you fulfill His desire? Were you praying you didn't trip walking out?

As I said before, I don't envy you. Yours will be a lonely job. Lonely in spite of being surrounded by many. No one other than yourself will truly know what you are going through. Even those who have forged before you will not have had the same experiences and problems. You will have advisers, friends, employees and Michelle, but you will be alone. I imagine this office takes a certain courage and faith in the unknown. You are an eloquent speaker, a man with many dreams and beliefs in all things equal. I hope and pray you can unite a nation that defines a person by the color of their skin and the belief of their God. I wish you Godspeed and good luck! May you prove critics and naysayers wrong, may you gain the support of those who voted against you and those who are unsure. May you be the man your supporters think you are!!!!

Now unto the religion and sex.............................................................

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nicely written and well thoughtout, as usual!